13 July - re-building the wall

So after a few days off (jobs at Emma and Ian's) I was pleased to start construction work on the wall at Plas Coch Bach after a number of work sessions of demolition.

The efficient delivery service of TP Denbigh brought me a bulk bag of sharp sand and 3 bags of cement as promised at 8.15, and I started by filling in the dips in the wall where I had had to go below the level at which the header stones go back on. Then I fiddled around to drop the level of the wall with a sequence of descents before starting the regular high/low pattern which will go all the way to the driveway.

I mixed the sand and cement 5 to 1, and made and used three mixes by lunchtime. Then, after a dry and hot period which goes all the way back to our purchase of the plot, the promised heavy rain showers arrived and I covered up the work I had done, the mixer, etc, and headed for home.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eighteen months have passed

Gravel, gates, and a working wood-burning stove

We have boundary walls