Bank Holiday Monday 28 May

So this is getting a bit repetitive - jump in the Land Rover at 9 (it's got all the gear in the back) and drive to Gellifor. Get going on the last three timber panels. A couple need the uprights trimming which slows things down.



Liz arrives late morning and in due course we enjoy a very nice picnic lunch. In the afternoon we have a visit from Edward Bagnall who is showing off his Land Rover and collecting hazel whips from the hen-run at home.
In the late afternoon I decide to try to get the uprights in for the temporary fence at the front of the plot. In digging one of the holes I find what is probably the sewer pipe. Fortunately I don't break it.
Magically, the jumbo bag of ballast is used up on the last mix of concrete and the posts are in place. (I also had just enough nails in old stock for the feather boards. I think I used about 1100.
Tomorrow I am off to Wrexham for the start of my 4-day First Responder training course. I might get to the plot one evening to fix a few horizontals, and then all will be done by Friday, which is 4 weeks after completion.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eighteen months have passed

Gravel, gates, and a working wood-burning stove

We have boundary walls