19 and 20 May (working at the weekend!)

Two more long half days, but nice to realise this afternoon (Sunday) that the fencing materials were only delivered on Friday, and now 9 of the concrete posts are in the ground (8 of them concreted in), the timber has all been moved up the garden to its relevant place (thank you Elizabeth), and half of the bulk bag of aggregate and two of the 4 bags of cement have been used.

On Saturday I had to spend quite a long time enlarging seven post holes following a little adjustment which took place once I had physical 2.4m measures to lay down along the boundary line. My first effort at marking up the positions of the posts had been reasonable but not perfect.

On Sunday more posts were 'popped' in their holes (including the monster corner one which Joshua kindly came over to help me with) and 4 were concreted in. Earlier I had been sorry not to have more large clamps (each post being held pre-concreting with two) but now I'm quite pleased that they have rationed the amount of concreting I can do at one time. So far 8 holes have taken five mixes, each mix being 3 buckets of aggregate and half a bucket of cement.

So the line is growing, and is about to curve as it follows the wall, leaving the required metre of space to Plas Coch Bach's walls.


There's an optical illusion in this image - they are all upright, honestly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eighteen months have passed

Gravel, gates, and a working wood-burning stove

We have boundary walls