3 August - almost finishing the wall

So, the usual routine - over to Gellifor about 9, get the kit out, mix the mortar, move the stones into position, fix the stones. Only complicated today by a) having to come round the corner and b) having to find new stones from the big pile as I was working on the part of the wall which hadn't previously had capping stones.

I did two mixes of mortar and got to within half a dozen stones of finishing (not counting the fact that the back of the wall needs to be tidied up) but I decided I had had enough about 3 and headed for Denbigh to buy some henfood. Glad to say that before I left both Michael and Bridget (separately) expressed their delight with the job.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eighteen months have passed

More trenches - and now they are full

Gravel, gates, and a working wood-burning stove