5 July - more work on the wall

The weather has remained bright and sunny, and promises to do so for at least another week. So I reckon a morning's hard physical work is enough, fortified by a couple of litres of water. One of the stones I took off the wall this morning was so large I had no chance of lifting it, but luckily it broke into two neat pieces when I attacked it with the sledgehammer, so I did manage to add it to the growing pile of stone on the plot.

Probably done two thirds of the wall reduction now. I have had to remove some stones which dropped below the desired level so some building up will be needed before the headers are replaced.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eighteen months have passed

More trenches - and now they are full

Gravel, gates, and a working wood-burning stove